VistaPharm LLC has issued a voluntary recall of one lot of Sucralfate Oral Suspension due to potential contamination with Bacillus cereus. The company warns that individuals who are immunocompromised may be at risk of life-threatening infections as a result. Despite the recall, no adverse events linked to the product have been reported thus far.
Sucralfate Oral Suspension is commonly used for the treatment of ulcers. The affected product is packaged in a 16-oz PET Bottle labeled with NDC 66689-305-16. Lot No. 810300, with an expiration date of October 31, 2023, is the specific batch affected by the recall.
To identify the recalled Sucralfate Oral Suspension, consumers should look for the product name on the packaging. This particular batch was distributed nationwide to three different distributors.
If consumers have any questions regarding the recall, they are advised to contact Inmar, the company handling the recall process, at 1-800-967-5952 or via email at [email protected]. Inmar’s customer service hours are between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
It is important for individuals who have purchased or are using the recalled Sucralfate Oral Suspension to discontinue its use immediately. Contaminated products have the potential to cause severe health issues, especially for those with compromised immune systems.
This recall serves as a precautionary measure taken by VistaPharm LLC to ensure the safety and well-being of consumers. Anyone who believes they may have been affected by the recalled product should seek medical advice and closely monitor their health.
– VistaPharm LLC: A pharmaceutical company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of generic drugs.
– Sucralfate Oral Suspension: A medication commonly used to treat ulcers by forming a protective layer on the stomach lining.
– Bacillus cereus: A type of bacteria that can cause foodborne illnesses and serious infections in certain individuals.
– NDC: National Drug Code. A unique number assigned to each medication by the FDA to identify specific products.
– Adverse events: Unwanted or harmful effects experienced by individuals using a medication or product.
– VistaPharm LLC